What is LEED?
Buildings account for the highest amount of carbon dioxide emission thus damaging the environment, predominantly. This has led to over-consumption of raw materials and natural resources to meet the increasing demand for comfort.
For cost saving and minimal power reliance, property owners and real estate investors are switching to eco-friendly, renewable energy generation plants. Today, the property market has its own set of Green Building Standards to measure the sustainability of a building.
LEED is one of the most sustainable best Green Building Rating Systems designed by U.S. Green building Council and is adopted by many countries across the globe to ensure environmentally safe buildings.LEED stands for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design to measure the impact a building has on the environment. There are different rating versions for different kinds of projects including:
- LEED for New Construction and Renovation
- LEED for Existing Buildings
- LEED for Commercial Buildings
- LEED for core and shell: HVAC and building structure
- LEED for Homes
- LEED for Schools, Hospitals, and Retail
- LEED for Neighborhood Development
This certification program has four levels:
- Certified:40-49 points
- Silver: 50-59 points
- Gold: 60-79 points
- Platinum: 80+ points
These rating standards widely depend on sustainability, water efficiency, indoor air quality and energy consumption of the building. Energy-saving programs, wastewater treatment programs, use of local and low-emission equipment are also monitored. The LEED certification program is frequently upgraded, and its latest version LEED v4 is performance-based scale focusing vastly on building’s lifespan, human health, and environmental safety.
What Do LEED Consultants Do?
Green technology and energy conservation solutions not only provide environmentally safe alternatives but also reduce bills added with long-term value.. Hiring a qualified LEED consultant ensures the client gets a high score on LEED Certificate with the lowest overhead.
Following are the qualities of a professional LEED Consultant:
- Updated with the latest strategies to incorporate eco-friendly design and structure
- Provides environmental safe construction and operation plans that require minimum maintenance
- Holds substantial experience in LEED certification process and rating systems for different types of buildings
- Familiar with the latest requirements, criteria, and strategies needed for LEED certification
- Educated with the varying rating systems to achieve the highest LEED score
- Streamlines the whole process for seamless verification, submittal, and procurement of the Certificate
How is METCO LEED Consultancy
Different from others?
METCO is driven towards high-performance, green buildings for a sustainable future. To meet the client’s needs, we adopt integrated systems for the design, construction, and maintenance of a building. Our team of architects, engineers and consultant work collaboratively to deliver quality results.
For green building certification, METCO’s LEED consultants are detail-oriented providing clients with a highly comprehensive guide. We direct our contractors, building owners and constructors throughout the process to successfully achieve the LEED certificate. Our LEED Consultancy services include:
- Devise extremely cost-effective design and construction plans
- Incorporate BIM systems and software for controlled lifecycle cost
- Ensure all building equipment are functional and efficient
- Streamline the documentation process for LEED Certification
- Provide LEED training programs to clients for a thorough understanding of principles and techniques
- Review all drawings and documents required for submission
- Act as a liaison to assist clients understand and interpret GBCI reviews and comments
Benefits of LEED Consultation
LEED consultants ensure that the design and construction of your building is environmentally safe.
The energy conservation and utilization equipment are optimized to lower operational cost.
Increase Long-term Value
Green and efficient building design increases the overall value of the property due to improved sustainability and lifecycle .
Buildings that are LEED certified receive benefits from state and local government on tax breaks, permits, and other related programs.
Why Choose METCO?
METCO is a leading consultancy firm in the U.S. with experience spanning over a decade. We are a team of skilled professionals who are dedicated to provide and promote green living standards. Our LEED consultants offer an initial assessment of the building and identify key areas for improvement and upgrade to optimize energy efficiency. Working in collaboration with all stakeholders and project managers, our LEED consultants provide step-by-step guide throughout the process.